Thursday, December 31, 2015

Last day of the year...

This time of the year has always been extremely difficult for me.  I have suffered with depression and anxiety most of my adult life, so I just assumed that I would always feel this way.  Not matter what I would hate the end of the year because I always looked back on the year and never saw any kind of accomplishment that I could be proud of.  Nothing that I could point to and say, "you see that?  I did that."  It wasn't for the accolades or to be given attention for what I done, but more for the sense of self fulfillment that I longed for.  This year however is very different.

On July 1st, my first book was available to purchase on Amazon.  It was a small collection of poems and I've sold about 60 copies of it so far this year.  Nearly everyone that has read it loves it and I love that my words have been able to reach people.  One of my childhood dreams was fulfilled, I have published a book!

Secondly this year I made another dream come true, I set out to get a promotion for myself by the end of the year and I've done exactly that.  I interviewed for and got a job that I have been dreaming of for the last two years.

Lastly I applied and got into another college after failing to make it at University of Phoenix.  So now I'm going to a school that has a degree program that is more focused than what I was in before, and it's cheaper!  I think this school will be better for me and I'm hoping that I will be able to make my dream come true finally of having an advanced degree in English!

Here's hoping that 2016 is just as eventful and interesting as 2015 was...without all the emergency surgery!!

No comments:

Post a Comment